Every critical comment had a clear reasoning as to why a certain wording or expression might not work from a reader’s point of view, and she made sure to include positive and encouraging comments too when she thought a certain sentence or paragraph was really well written.
The Beta Reader
Lizonka is a Creative Writing student, and she used to work as a part-time English tutor in one of the leading review centers in the country. She’s also been editing articles and stories since 2015. You can rest assured she knows what she’s doing.
- Shounen ai/yaoi original works and fanfics
- Fanfiction based on any anime I’ve watched, any manga and any danmei novel I’ve read.
- Works under these genres: Action, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Martial Arts, Mature, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, School Life, Sm*t, Slice of Life, Supernatural, Wuxia, Xianxia, and Xuanhuan
- Works with controversial content (as for what exactly this entails, you may ask Lizonka)
- Works with graphic depictions of violence and gore
- Minimum of 1, 000 words and maximum of 50, 000 words
Works not Accepted
- Non-shounen ai / yaoi work
- Works under these genres: Gender Bender, Harem/Reverse Harem, Mecha, Sci-fi, Shoujo, Sports, and Tragedy | (But if the plot is interesting enough, Lizonka may make exceptions for those under these genres)
- Works with ped*philia and besti*lity as the main content
- Works with fetishized dub/non-con as the main content
What You Get
- Your story with inline comments on Google Docs
- Detailed feedback on scene construction, story structure, plot, themes, and characters
- Suggestions on how you can improve your story
- Basic punctuation and grammar corrections
On top of basic beta reading, you can also avail of the following add-ons:
More elaborate beta reading, with comprehensive line-by-line comments, dissecting your story down to every clause and punctuation
Summary and Tags Guide
(only for Fanfiction that are meant to be posted on AO3)
I will suggest tags and help you come up with a good summary that will entice people to read your story.
Separate document containing an extensive summary of the issues found in your story and how I think you could fix it, as well as my general reaction to your story
The attention to detail, guidance and patience really left me speechless, since I never thought I could receive so much customized feedback to my way of writing. Sincerely, I grew as a writer by listening to the suggestions and pointers provided.
Lizonka has also been interviewed about her service for the Tip Line in the August 2020 issue of Envie!
Payments and Pricing
Price is calculated based on word count. As the word count gets higher, options for a discount will appear. And the more words there are in your story, the more discount options there’ll be!
Payments will be done through PayPal. For orders priced 10 USD and above, you have to pay 50% of the price upfront, while the remaining 50% will be paid after I deliver my service.
Discount is only applied to the base beta reading price. It is not applied to any add-ons you avail.
If you set a deadline for the order, there may be an additional price, which can be negotiated through email.
Send your Draft
Let me beta read your story. Fill in the form, and I’ll get back to you shortly.
When I receive your answers and your file, I will then email you to go over the details of your request and confirm with you of the total price you have to pay.
For enquiries, please use the Contact form.